We are growing at a rocket pace and, at the same time, undergoing digital transformation. Also, we are building a unique integrated solution for road mobility.
So there is a lot of technically appealing work. We need to develop our systems to work well with colleagues and customers. Be there with us!
Main responsibility of our DevOps lead is to ensure an efficient integration and release process for all Eurowag systems. Including our branches and subsidiaries, whose systems are integrated with Eurowag from business perception and mainly from technical point of view.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps specialist with ability to become a natural technical lead and basically a DevOps architect or someone who is already very good at technical team management and is able to quickly jump into the DevOps area.
What kind of work is awaiting you?
- Using modern concepts of software development e.g. :
o Infrastructure as code, Deployment as code
o Continuous integration with a git flow (pull requests, etc…)
- Defining and maintaining a common methodology and being an ambassador of modern concepts of software development and delivery
- Help the teams adopting common tools and concepts (code repository, CI pipeline, artefact repository, infrastructure orchestration) by showing them the concepts hands-on
- Help the teams invent system specific adaptations by running proof-of-concepts hands-on and investigating more specific tools / concepts
- Direct operation hands-on of some of the tools
- Delegating operation of some tools to other people / teams and then being a service manager for those tools
- The strategy is to use SaaS offerings to a maximum extent to keep the thing manageable over time
- Being responsible for the common non production environments (SIT, PreProd)
- Work with the release manager who is responsible for big release delivery
What do we expect from you?
- Basic experience with distributed software development, e.g. open source project or enterprise project with applied distributed versioning system with pull requests (merge requests)
- Basic experience with operating a system (production or non-production use)
- Good knowledge of the Linux command line and basic tools
- Ability to be a natural technical lead in a specific domain
- Ability to communicate with management about technical issues (in English, both written and spoken)
What would be an advantage?
- Knowledge of the Azure offering
- Containerisation: Docker, Kubernetes (including enterprise distributions of Kubernetes)
- DevOps tools: Artifactory, Jenkins, GitLab or Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, Terraform, Consul
- Infrastructure: Network topology concepts, Desktop virtualisation
- Test automation: Selenium
Why do we believe you will feel good with us?
- We choose newcomers not only by skills but also by whether they could be real colleagues. That is why we work in teams well.
- There is no chance of a stereotype. Our work is diverse and still evolving. This is one of the reasons why people grow so fast in our country and still learn new things after ten years.
- We are as big as a corporation but we keep a bit of start-up flexibility. Therefore, we continue to grow during market slumps. And because management listens and takes us seriously, you also have a great chance to influence what is happening in the company.
We take good care of people and our benefits are just a proof:
- We have flexible working hours and enjoy using our home office.
- 5 weeks of holiday, 3 sick days, laptop and mobile phone, high adjustable standing desks, multisport card, and meal vouchers or pension/life insurance contributions – that is for sure.
- We will pay for your courses, training, and language learning on site.
- Employee fuel card enables you to refuel your vehicle at bargain prices.
- You can spend one paid day each year as a volunteer. Each of us also has a personal donation budget for the organization of our choice.
- Modern offices are 3 minutes from the metro. They include relaxation rooms, a summer terrace, a corporate restaurant or bicycle stands, and showers. And fresh fruit every day.
- Outside the office, we like to meet regularly at evening informal meetings over a glass of wine.
Information about the vacancy
Na Vítězné pláni 1719/4, 140 00 Praha-Nusle, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, cell phone, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, company catering, refreshments on workplace, sick days, occasional work from home, corporate events, dog-friendly office
Czech (proficient), English (advanced)
W.A.G. payment solutions, a.s.